It never hurts to be well-prepped for worst case scenarios.
No one expects to be involved in a car accident. But it can happen in the blink of an eye – whether its your fault or someone else’s.
Stop Your Vehicle
- If you fail to stop, it’s considered as a crime in the UK.
- Turn your engine off.
- Switch on your Hazard lights.
Identify Any Injuries and Contact the Emergency Services
- Try to move and look for any injuries or pains to yourself and your passengers.
- If you or anybody else is injured, call the ambulance and police by dialing 999.
Exchange Details with Third Parties
- Exchange your insurance details with the third party or any other parties involved.
- Try to collect any witness details, take their name, address and phone numbers.
Take Photos and Video if possible
- Take photos with your phone and make a video if possible.
- Contacts Locar’s accident team on 0330 202 0790, but only once it’s safe to do so.